Lunch In School
Our aim is to make lunchtime an enjoyable occasion for all children, allowing them quality time in the outdoors. It is a social time, where different year groups have the opportunity to mix with one another. There are resources available for children to access freely and play with; they are also encouraged to develop their own games by our team of experienced lunchtime supervisors.
In 2019 we developed our lunchtimes even further for the well-being and enjoyment of our children. Once a week, each year group participate in a carousel of indoor activities including mindfulness, board games and computing.
In the dining hall we offer a variety of food, which enables children to have a well-balanced diet and also allows them the opportunity to try new food. Our aim is to educate children about the food they are eating, developing their knowledge and understanding of healthy eating. We encourage positive table manners, such as using a knife and fork appropriately.
Dinner money is £2.55 a day payable on a Monday (£12.75 for a full week). Please make cheques payable to OMBC.
School dinners are free for children in Reception to Year 2 through Universal free school meals.
Nursery children also have the option of a school dinner, please speak to a member of staff for more information.
***For further information about Free School Meals and eligibility criteria, please see the information at the bottom of this page.
School Dinner Menus
The school dinners provided by our kitchen staff follow the Oldham Council menus, which operate on a rotational basis. This ensures that children experience a varied, well-balanced and healthy diet.
A sample menu can be viewed below, please speak to your child's class teacher for a copy of the current menus if needed as these change regularly. From the 10th May we will follow the menus below starting with week 1
|Summer 2021 Menu A week 1||[pdf 389KB]|
|Summer 2021 Menu A week 2||[pdf 289KB]|
|Summer 2021 Menu A week 3||[pdf 318KB]|
Healthy Packed Lunch
To ensure that everybody in school has a healthy and tasty school lunch to fuel our brains and bodies, we have created our own 'School Food Policy', based around some of the guidelines set from Healthy Schools and British Nutrition Foundation.
You can read our Food and Nutrition newsletter below for more information.
|website food policy||[docx 608KB]|
|term 1 newsletter updated||[docx 503KB]|
Free School Meals
You can apply for free school meals if:
1) Your child attends a school maintained by a local education authority and you and your child live in the Oldham borough. (If you do not live in Oldham and your child attends a local authority maintained school in Oldham please contact your local council for advice).
2) You receive any of the following:
- Income Support (IS)
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance (IBJSA)
- An income-related employment and support allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (provided you are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual income (as assessed by Her Majesty’s Revenue and Customs) that does not exceed the current year’s level
- The Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finished, or after you start to work less than 16 hours per week.
For further information please click on the picture link.
Reception / KS1
From September 1 2014 all children in reception, Year 1 and Year 2 in state-funded schools will now automatically get free school meals. This is an automatic ‘opt-in’ system and parents must advise the school if they do not wish to take advantage of the offer. In the event of a school closure you will only receive free school meal vouchers (during the closure) if you have previously applied for free school meals. It is therefore important that if you are eligible – you do apply.
For further information please click on the link.